Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sorry to BUG you! {giggle, giggle, har, har}

I should be baking a birthday cake right now. Or cleaning my horrendously filthy bathrooms. Or wrapping presents. But instead, I'm sitting. For at least three minutes.

If you haven't seen one already, here's a peek at James' birthday invites. No, that's not our address. The real ones have the real one. If you didn't get an invite, please don't be sad. Mostly no one did. It's going to be a super exclusive party (if you count "pretty much only local relatives" as exclusive). If you're one of said "local relatives" and didn't get an invite- I'm sorry, and the above one's for you! :) Though you may want to call for directions.

For now... will you all just send lots of positive thoughts my way? I'm currently assuming that a) a spider pinata will manifest itself from the craziness of glue and newspaper and tissue paper that is now my kitchen, b) a beautifully ugly "dirt cake" will come together and both look and taste terrific, c) the weather will be nice so that we don't have to try and cram a ton of people into our little house, and d) that we will all be pleasant and happy and able to enjoy the day (and not have the drama, swearing, kicking and biting that may or may not have existed the last time we threw a party here... cough, cough). It's a whole lot of wishful thinking, I know. But hey- I'm a wishful person!

So be a pal and wish us luck. And come tomorrow with low expectations so you'll be pleasantly impressed. :)

Happy {almost} 4th birthday, my handsome boy! We love you!

And , you know, bugs. Obviously.

4 comments:

bart said...

Good luck! We wish we could be there. And so does Miles. He likes bugs and dirt, too; or at least we expect he will.

Vicki said...

Every post you write makes me laugh! I hope you had a wonderful party today for your sweet little guy! Happy birthday James!

Kurt said...

We hope his party was great! We love and miss you guys.

Adam and Aubrey said...

Bugs. Love the invite. Love the bugs. haha.