Saturday, May 22, 2010

Mommy

Sometimes (okay, often) I wonder if my kids would be better off with another mommy... one that is more patient (or AT ALL patient), one who loves doing kid-crafts and making messes, one who keeps the house cleaner, one who yells less. It's actually a substantial source of anxiety for me. They really are amazing people; they deserve someone amazing in return. I don't feel like that's me almost ever. But then my little Jolie gives me her saved-for-mommy smile, and James snuggles up to me and says, "I love you, momma!" and all of the sudden my doubts disappear. Maybe another mom would do a better job, but I can GUARANTEE you that no other mommy could love my babies more. Ultimately, I hope that matters most. They are the world to me, and I never want to be separated from them. Better or worse, they're stuck with me. Forever.





Note: Pictures taken mid-April.

11 comments:

bladenfamily said...

Those pictures are so cute. And I think you are a GREAT mom!!

Mindy said...

Such cute pictures! I love the one of you with your mouths open. So cute. I also think you are a great mom!

katie said...

Hilarious photos. Also, I think you're a FABULOUS mom!

Johanna Markworth said...

Becca, your kids are lucky to have you! You are a great mom! Just look at the fun pictures!

Hope said...

We all feel that way sometimes, but luckily for us, kids are so super forgiving. We learn a lot from these little ones, huh? Love your family!

Dad said...

What fun poses! Your success with your kids will come if you just keep on keepin' on. You love them, and they love you. But DO get some alone time once in a while; sanity is important! :)

Linda Oxborrow said...

Such cute photos!!! And I could second every thought you expressed in your post. Amen, Amen, Amen. You are an amazing mom- where are you moving to???

Brittney said...

Beautiful pictures. But really Bec you are an amazing mom. We all have those days when we doubt, but just like you said when it comes down to it, you love your kids most and that is what makes you an awesome mom. It is kinda funny because I look up to you and think you are the best mom. You do the kids crafts, when I am at your house and I see all the coloring hung on the fridge I am so impressed. Plus you taught James the Nursery rhymes! I haven't hardly even thought about that! See you are an amazing mom and I am so glad we are friends!

minortragedy said...

I understand COMPLETELY! Because I feel the same way! Hang in there! They will grow up and look back knowing they were and always will be tremendously and eternally loved by you :)

BiggsFamily said...

I think we all at one point feel like the biggest loser (and not in the good tv show way ha ha) when it comes to being moms. But you are such an amazing mom!! And yes sometimes we yell too much but I think Heavenly Father made our little angels be able to forgive so very quickly :)!! Love all the pics btw!! :)!

Lacey Rae said...

Becca B.(i think i'm always going to call you that) your do a fabulous job as a mother. Dont get so down on yourself. I've seen you in action super mom. Really I'm not just saying these things to make you feel better I'm telling the absolute truth. I love you woman! By the way, love, love, love your pics.