The update is again an excerpt from my journal, though this time it's a much shorter excerpt. You're welcome. Here you go... written today, Friday the 12th:
"I can't even believe I'm writing today. The famous Feb. 12th. I had planned on being induced by now- or today itself. Unfortunately, my doctor had other ideas (dang rule-keeper!). So, we won't be being induced... until TOMORROW! Ahh! When Dr. Fxx told me "no" on Wednesday (I very truly was ready to be induced that day... my toenails were pedicured; I was wearing a nursing bra for goodness' sake, and I had even shaved my legs!), I cried. Lame. But still- no cave. He just handed me a tissue and talked a little softer to me. I know he wants what's best- for the baby if not for me, but DANG it's hard to wait. On the way home, I ran a few errands. It's good that I did, because the alone time helped me calm down a bit and see any sort of perspective. What's 2 1/2 days, really? And Derek would be able to do his test on Friday (today- good luck, babe) without worrying about retakes, etc. Also, Wednesday was a "red air day" (bad inversion/pollution), and who wants to suck in pollution in her first breath? Not my lil' one! And I knew we were due for some snow on Friday (got some yesterday, too) which usually clears the air a bit. So really, Saturday was perfect.
We'll see if it is.
I'm supposed to call the hospital at 6am tomorrow and see when they want me. It's possible they'll tell me to scoot on in at 7:30 or so. It's also possible they won't have room for me until late that night (ugh, please no). My fate- once again- is not in my hands. And let me tell you, I do love having no control. (Grr.) So we'll see. Less than 24 hours to go. Exciting... and scary."