1. 8/13/10 Jolie got a pretty great present for her 6-month birthday: her two (bottom) front teeth! I was playing with her on my bed, just letting her chew on my knuckle... when I felt something pretty sharp! It got my attention, and I sat up to investigate. Whaddayaknow? Two teeth! She hadn't been fussy or anything (go figure; really, she's such a good baby!) so I didn't suspect. But yep- our girl's got some chompers. (Beware: they're sharp!)
Look at her goofy grin! Mama's funny! :)2. Later that night, we went to Derek's 10-year-friends-reunion... a casual, up-the-mountain hangout with his buddies that graduated when he did. The official reunion was the next night. It was WAY less fun, albeit tasty. Though it was also cancer-free, and that's always a perk. (Seriously, that nasty smoke was carcinogen filled; I'm sure of it. Ick. My throat is better now, but if I get lung cancer later on, I'll know what to blame.)
3. 8/16/10 James had an appointment with a specialist (pediatric GI) at Primary Children's Hospital... at long last. It was a pretty decent experience, as you can tell from the not-sobbing-but-smiling picture below. Dr. Wu was super great; the whole hospital was! After a pretty thorough examination- which included a bit of bum-probing by Dr. Wu (ick- James says Dr. Wu is naughty cause he got poop on his finger... sorry for the tmi)- and some blood being drawn (which got him a TOY CAR as a post-draw prize... not bad, I say), we discovered that he's just severely constipated (ha- just...). Nothing is wrong with his plumbing, and he doesn't have a disorder or anything. He just needs to get cleaned out- and stay that way. Dr. Wu explained a lot and put us on a good regimen (diet, medication and routine) that has been helping quite a bit so far. Yay!
Jolie was at Micah and Brittney's (thanks, Britt!) while we were at the hospital, which helped a ton. Afterward, we took James to Red Robin for a James-only date. It was fun. We never really do that, and I'm glad we did.
4. Jolie is working hard on becoming even more GORGEOUS. Really, look at her! Just thought I'd share this picture. I really just love it... and her.
5. 8/19/10 I hosted book club at my place in August. It was fun! I love our book club- and all the fabulous women in it!
6. James loves reading, and he loves being outside (mostly because then he might have a chance to escape to Kona's house... sneaky boy). Here is a picture of how I found him the other day... doing both. Seriously, I love this boy!
7. Buzz and Woody (aka: James and Kona). BFFs. Need I say more? ;)
8. 8/23/10 When a computer is not available, the men in our family turn to the Xbox. :) James got to play video games with daddy for the first time... and loved it! Derek would tell James, "Good job!" and James would positively BEAM from the praise! Really. James is totally and completely in awe of Derek and wants more than anything to be like him. He copies his every move and misses him like crazy when he's gone to work or school. I love to see it. And I can't blame the kid; his daddy IS pretty fantastic! I quite love him, too.
10. 8/28/10 I cut James' hair for the first time EVER! Though it took quite a while, he did really well with it. (Thank you, neighborhood girls who distracted him. I cut it outside.) I think it turned out pretty well, though you can't tell from the pictures. Ugh. He was NOT in the mood to model for me. Lil' punk. But yes- I was quite proud of myself. He looks even MORE handsome when he's not quite so shaggy! :)
11. Nope. That's all. I'll post again with other stuff...
12. I lied. Here's a pic of Derek (and James) with our new computer. I don't know if you can see how ecstatic he is about it all, but I promise you- he is! :) I love my handsome geek. But you can't blame his enthusiasm. We all share it. (It's a pretty awesome new toy!)
As James put it in a recent conversation with me...
Me: Don't you just love our new computer?
James: I love BOTH our computers!
Me: Me too.
James: Yeah, they're pretty sweet.
Okay. I'm done.